The mission of the Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is to detect and deter insurance fraud.
Implied in this mission is the prevention of insurance fraud through programs that make the public aware that:
- MAIF has the skills and commitment to recognize suspicious claims
- MAIF conducts special investigations
- MAIF is committed to seeking prosecution for fraud
The MAIF Special Investigations Unit detects and deters insurance fraud by:
- Ensuring that MAIF claims adjusters have the training needed to identify potential fraudulent activity
- Conducting special investigations into potential fraudulent activity
- Working in conjunction with law enforcement officials to identify and prosecute perpetrators of insurance fraud
Members of our SIU team are involved in many industry related organizations, including the International Association of Special Investigations Units (IASIU), the Maryland Vehicle Theft Prevention Council (MVTPC), the International Association of Auto Theft Investigators (IAATI), the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI), and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). MAIF is a member company of the MD-DC Anti Car Theft Committee (MD-DC ACT) and Industry Merged with Police Against Car Theft (IMPACT).